- Elevation: 1065 feet
- : 41.1579, -74.2685
- County: Passaic
- Ownership: public
- Owner: Tranquility Ridge County Park
- Trail Map: NYNJTC North Jersey Trails #115
- Topo Map: Acme Mapper
- Nearest Higher Neighbor: Big Beech Mountain, 1.46 miles.
Other Members Who Have Climbed Hasenclever Hill
- Anthony Lipovsky (trip report)
- Brian Lubbert
- Brian Sniatkowski (trip report)
- Brom Vermeulen (trip report)
- Don Weise (trip report)
- Eric Koppel (trip report)
- George Grzyb (trip report)
- Gregory Bubniak (trip report)
- Hayley (trip report)
- Jason Critelli
- Jeff Bennett (trip report)
- John Bialek
- Mark Ladolcetta (trip report)
- Meg (trip report)
- Ralph Bressler (trip report)
- starben62 (trip report)
- William Maurer (Hoosier) (trip report)
Description: The bulk of Hasenclever Hill is in New York, but the true summit is in New Jersey.
The true summit lies at the right most end of the mountain's crescent shaped top and is defined by a glacial erratic and a nice bald spot to relax. During the summer months, the summit is surrounded by blackberries and blueberries.
If you follow the mountain's summit curve into New York State, there is an OUTSTANDING southerly view, called "Black Rock", sweeping from Big Beech Mountain all the way to the Ramapos. Black Rock is technically a few feet over the border from New Jersey, but the viewshed is entirely New Jersey.