- Elevation: 1072 feet
- : 41.1679, -74.3164
- County: Passaic
- Ownership: public
- Owner: Wanaque Wildlife Management Area
- Trail Map: NYNJTC North Jersey Trails #115
- Topo Map: Acme Mapper
- Nearest Higher Neighbor: Big Beech Mountain, 1.17 miles.
Other Members Who Have Climbed Jennings Mountain
- Anthony Lipovsky (trip report)
- Brian Lubbert (trip report)
- Brom Vermeulen (trip report)
- Don Weise (trip report)
- Eric Koppel (trip report)
- George Grzyb (trip report)
- Gregory Bubniak (trip report)
- Hayley (trip report)
- Jason Critelli
- Jeff Bennett (trip report)
- John Bialek
- Mark Jones (trip report)
- Mark Ladolcetta (trip report)
- Meg (trip report)
- Ralph Bressler (trip report)
- SoloJoe (trip report)
- William Maurer (Hoosier) (trip report)
Description: Jennings Mountain is one of New Jersey's better, yet less known, high peaks.
Jennings Mountain's top is a long, narrow north-south ridge with excellent views to the east and limited views to the west. The mountain is little tracked, and has no atv trails, litter, or official hiking trails on it.
Jennings' eastern face is very steep, with two parallel cliffs, but the summit is flat, open, and grassy. The bases of Jennings on the west, south, and east are very beautiful mountain streams.
With no trails leading to the top, aspiring NJ 1Kers will find Jennings Mountain to be a mountain of peace and solitude.
The photograph above was taken from a clearing on Big Beech Mountain.